Saturday, February 25, 2012

Life With The Banjo, Part II

About a year and a half ago, I'd been spending 3 or 4 hours a day, 3, 4 days a week, trying to get my banjo playing back - after not playing for about 20 years.  This went on for months.  It was painful and wonderful at the same time.  I got to the point where I was kinda ok, and I did the video below.  Then, my playing systematically disintegrated.  Up until a couple of weeks ago, my playing was so bad that I couldn't even recognize what I was doing as playing.  My right arm was so rigid that it was beyond belief, my fingers would not do anything resembling what I told them to.  I don't know what happened a couple of weeks ago, but I could almost play, and now, I seem to be on the road to recovery - at least on my banjo playing :D .

I hope you'll take the time to watch the three minute video, it's a fun watch.

You can find me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ImTheFid


No comments:

Post a Comment