Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Why Wait?

Me with my beautiful koa Telecaster
 

My authentic toere - made by a real live Tahitian guy
 

 
Well, it looks like we'll be heading to Nashville much sooner than planned.  It's likely we'll be heading out by the end of this month.  I have no illusions, no stars in my eyes, only the will to go there and dive in, play as much as possible.  Being that there is no financial pressure, we can afford to stay there as long as we feel like being there.  We're not rich, but we won't be living on the street anytime soon - and yes, I know that causes some people to foam at the mouth.

Circumstances have been pointing me in the direction of going after bigger things for years, but I wasn't in the right frame of mind before now, and I didn't have any support. I can't do everything all by myself, now I have help, so...

I like Reno, I like the clear skies, I love the small town feel, and I love that there are a lot fewer angries here, but as I said, if I'm going to exchange blows with people in the business, and other musicians, I might as well be somewhere where the rewards are worth it

Things slow down in Nashville during the winter months - as it does in most places, so it's likely the places will be more intimate - might be easier to talk to people, meet people.  The plan is to not only go to songwriters' nights, but to also play behind other artists and songwriters.  Playing lead guitar or other instruments behind artists is fun and even exciting for me - always has been.  Jam sessions are a thing of the past, but where I'm going, there are open stages all over that town.  Yes, I fully expect to be unwelcome, kicked, gouged, lied to, screwed with, and whatever else, but I'm sure I'll land a few good right hooks of my own :D .

So, hey, my stalkers, haters, detractors, vindictive asses - y'all go suck an egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment