Friday, January 31, 2014

No Pack Of Wolves, No Swarm Of Bees, Just The Goddam Humans

Molly

 
 

Callie

  
Last night I was thinking about Molly and Callie, the two cats who are now part of my life, and who have brought me more joy than I’ve experienced in a long time, maybe ever. I was feeling extra sad for them that they had been abused so badly before I met them. Today I saw an episode of Dr. Phil, he was talking to the two Inman kids who had also been horribly abused. I thought about wars, rape, child molestation, psychological warfare, greed, and raping of the planet. It suddenly dawned on me that the only life from that perpetuates this crap is the HUMAN being. Other life forms only care to live their little lives, raise their families, and have enough to eat. Humans seem to get some kind of cheap thrill when they can inflict harm on other living beings – even inanimate ones. I get bullied every time I leave the house, and it’s never a pack of wolves, or a swarm of bees, doing the bullying, it’s the goddam humans – most of them, by the way, driving full size pickup trucks –which I’m sure is no coincidence. That's right, it's always the humans.

Humans have made laws to protect the bully from me, but there are no laws to protect me from their smartass, their aggression, their threats, and their habit of endangering MY life on the roads and freeways. I’ve been lectured by cops more times than I care to think about, their main spiel, in their threatening tone, being “You cannot take the law into your own hands, it’s OUR job to take care of this or that!!!”.

I’ve been in this life for more than five decades, and I’ve seen a few things. One of my observations is that the bullying types almost always aspire to positions of power. Not only do they use their positions for their own self serving B.S., and their violating of other people, but they will defend their kind – hence the laws that protect the lowlifes of the world – especially the high priced ones who cause damage on large scale. It’s not exclusive there, though, their laws also protect the small time punks, eg: Laws against “assault” that punish an innocent person for defending himself, laws against shooting an intruder in a person’s own home, and much more.

I’ve never been much for people, never much liked them, I mostly try to avoid them the best I could. I have one person in my life that it appears I can call a true friend. Every other person I’ve spent any amount of time around, showed that he or she had the “It all comes down to money” attitude, most were envious – of god knows what, most wanted control, and most wanted something for themselves. It’s been said that perception is reality – well, that seems real enough to me. If someday, somebody comes along and proves me wrong on all this, then great, but it’s gonna be awfully hard to argue with 50+ years of firsthand experience. I’m with Leroy Jethro Gibbs, who said, “You always look for the good in people, there, there’s not much to find”.


No comments:

Post a Comment