Monday, December 24, 2012

The Dysfunctional And The Dysfunctional




What I'd give to live in this house.

 
Having been in RV parks for the past 6 months, I’ve made a few observations. I won’t state them all right now, I just have one, because I realized it just today. At the park in Reno, there were a few of those big RVs that look like buses – they cost $300,000+. What I've noticed, and after looking back on the past few months is, that every one of the guys who arrives in one of those is a little short shit – strutting like a little miniature peacock. I was in the park laundry room a few months ago, when a couple came in. The guy wasn’t in there 30 seconds before he proceeded to tell me all of his accomplishments, what he owns, where he’s been, what he's done. He was another of the guys who has one of those huge bus-like rigs. I guess I’m beginning to see how many people belong to one stereotypical group or another. This brings to mind the full sized pickup truck drivers – every single one has the goatee, the shades, and the redneck baseball cap; and same, they strut like little banty roosters. That’s not to mention the way they drive – tailgating anybody who is in front of them, gunning through parking lots (endangering people’s lives), racing past other cars, and revving their engines whenever they are within earshot of a person.

One of the things that has always had my interest is the psychology of humans (animals too, but that’s a whole ‘nother). What I gather from the behavior I just described is that such people hate themselves – it’s the “self loathing” disorder that many people display. Along with what I described above is the envy/jealousy/control thing. From what I’ve witnessed, any person who pretends to be something he’s not, who feels the need to bully other people (whether it be passive/aggressive, having their lawyer on speed dial, being a big brute, or having a gun or some other weapon at their disposal), feels envy or jealousy, and/or feels the need to control other people – all the same – they hate themselves. My belief is that you can be angry, sad, hurt, disgusted, or whatever else, but what you do not have the right to do is, to use any of that as an excuse to cause other people grief, or loss. If your dad bullied you, or you got stuffed in too many lockers when you were in the 7th grade, well, sorry, but that does not give you the ok to screw with other people. Even more sad is the fact that society is getting worse, our cities are getting worse, people are getting angrier by the day. I would be ok with all of it if there were some way to prevent people from making me pay for their self loathing, their raging B.S., or their inability to deal with reality. I know, funny, that statement, as it will never happen, never has, never will. I think I’ve said this before – what I’ve evolved to is to avoid people as much as possible, I go out when I need to. I avoid malls, department stores, roads, freeways, and pretty much all public places as much as I possibly can. There was a time when a Sunday drive was pleasurable, I guess it’s been a long time since that’s been the case. I started driving back in 1973, and it was still, for the most part, fun to drive, I guess I can kiss those days goodbye.

So, my observations may sound “negative” to some, or most, but, two things, first, I don’t give a rat’s behind about what other people think about my ideas and beliefs, and second, I will never deny reality – things are what they are, whether I like them, whether I deny them (FTR, I never deny anything), whether I wish they weren’t so; doesn’t matter, reality will always be what it is, and I choose to live in it, ever how disgusting and maddening it might be. The widdle peepee truck guys, the strutting banty rooster guys in their monster RV rigs – as annoying as they are, they’re out there. I will always poke fun at them, and I may even occasionally slap one across the side of his head (if I can do it without having a gun pointed in my face, or having his lawyer threaten me with prison time). Humans are what they are, I guess. I don’t know what happened to me, not that I claim to be perfect, but sometimes I do wonder why I was never notified that it’s part of my nature to screw with other people as much as possible, that I must be greedy, ruthless, and self serving, and that I must not care about the world I live in – including my house, any public place I may set foot in, and the planet I live on. I'm glad I missed all of that, but it certainly doesn't make for much tolerance on my part. Ha, tolerance is not something I claim, or even something I would ever want to practice when it comes to the obnoxious, the rude, the ruthless, and the self serving.

All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment